Monday, March 17, 2008

Small things


I am in the time of my life right now with my boys. They are sooo much fun. God has given me so many great things in my life. And I have learned through Him that I need to let Him handle the struggles with the adoption and in the meantime, savor every minute I have with my two boys! And oh Yes I am!!!! I thank God for His mercy and grace. 

To understand better, let me explain a little better...... With all that we have gone through in fighting for our daughter, I have had little patience- because of pure emotional and spiritual exhaustion! And guess who gets the effects? Yep- my children. So any little thing would just irritate me to death and then the big things would REALLY irritate me.  And several nights I would go to bed feeling so guilty and sad. One night I was angry with God and I told him! I told Him that if He would just bring Selah home.....THEN I would be a good Mom again..... Ahhh....isn't it just grand when we tell HIM what we need and what would make us all better??? ha, ha....So anyway, He oh so gently reminded me that I am doing this to myself. He said He had the Selah stuff all taken care of and knows ALL things. But, I need to savor the blessings that HE has already placed in my possession and to take very good care of them. My children are a Huge Blessing and a Huge Calling on my life. Wow! So cool.  So, by His grace and mercy I am having the time of my life with two little boys named Seth and Gage.

Thank you Lord for your continual care and concern for the "small" things in life- like a mother's patience level! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, we need to bloom where we are planted in our lives and we fight it. How fun it is when we stop fighting, relax and enjoy the blessings right in front of us. The Lord is caring for the Selah issue for you.

crispy said...

Sounds like you have a great perspective. Good for you.

Heckert's Highway said...

Amen girl!!!! I'm right there with you. Every day is a choice to savor and enjoy the blessings that God has already given us. This is not easy when there is so much on our plate, but God knew that when He gave us our children, all three of them!!! I love you girl! ~Jenn

Heckert's Highway said...

oh, by the way, I envy the boys getting to wear shorts! I'm ready for summer!

Karen Hossink said...

Ahhhh, sounds like you understand.
HE knows exactly what you need, and He will work everything out in His perfect time.
Isn't it wonderful to know it isn't up to us???