Monday, August 11, 2008

Amen!

This was a prayer from a dear friend (whom I have never even met in person) via email. I always tease her that I am convinced that these emails are not from her, but really from God. God really DOES send emails!!!! :) Karen, is just an example of God's Goodness in my life! Thank you Karen for being such a faithful prayer warrior and friend.


Father - and I am so glad You are our Father – Thank You for Shane and Greta, for Seth and Gage and Selah, and for this journey on which You are taking them. Thank You for what You have already done in them through the waiting. You have strengthened them as a family. You have caused them to trust You more. You have shown them comfort and given them peace in the midst of pain. And You have been faithful. Thank You, Lord.

Father, I am asking You again to bring little Selah home to Greta and Shane, that they may love her closely rather than from afar, that they may teach her about You and she may know You. And while they wait, I am asking You to hold that baby girl close. Let her know Your presence. Though it may be that no one at that orphanage ever speaks Your Name, Father, please reveal Yourself to her.

Lord, I know You have the power to do these things, and I know You have the power to soften the hearts of the judges in Kaz to send Selah home. Please show us Your power, Lord. Please bring Selah home!
We’re asking this in the powerful Name of Jesus. Amen and amen!

3 comments:

crispy said...

precious!!! What a blessing to have found a neat friend. Still praying for you.

Anonymous said...

My prayers are the same....Father, please turn things around and bring Selah home to this family waiting to love her for YOU forever! Amen.

Greta's Mom (Darlene) said...

Greta, I agree with you that Shane deserves the accolades. It warms my heart that my daughter has a beautiful happy family. Love to all of you, Mom