Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Disappointing news

I am updating you all b/c I know many of you have wanted to know.

Bummer news: We thought we would be getting a potential court date today, but instead we found out that the courthouse is being audited and will not re-open until October 10th. We will not know anymore until at least Oct 10th. Yet another postponement and disappointment. :(

We will still try to get our paperwork processed fast, just in case they do tell us something on Oct 10th. But, even though they say Oct 10th, doesn't always mean that is the day they will re-open either.

Just be VERY proud that you are an American and live in THIS country!

8 comments:

Thad and Ann said...

ugh! I am so so sorry this is happening, know that you are being prayed for everyday.
hugs-
Ann

Kim said...

Yes, you are right - trying to understand their government is useless. So much craziness. I am sorry you didn't hear anything today. Praying for the 10th.

Michelle said...

Oh Greta. I am so sorry to hear that. You remain in my prayers. This is a long dark night, but the joy will come in the morning. He has promised. Cling. Love you.

The Gobble's (Lanetta) said...

ok... I think I've just found my LONG LOST sister....
as I read your blog.. my eyes filled with tears..... so many things you've written are straight from my heart.... as I read I've been saying over and over and over... OH MY GOSH!!!
Please e-mail me...
lanettagobble@yahoo.com
my blog is: www.gobblefamilyadoption.blogspot.com
I can't wait to hear from you....
have a blessed day.. and we are adding you to our prayer list of PAP's....
Blessings and love in Christ,
Lanetta Gobble

Heckert's Highway said...

Oh Greta, I am so sorry that you have to wait once again. I'll be praying that the 10th comes quickly and you don't have to wait any longer after that. I love you girl, Jenn

Anonymous said...

Greta,
I'm a new reader of your blog - just started today. My husband and I are in the process of a Kaz adoption as well. I'm searching through your blog but am having a hard time piecing your story together. Would there be any way we could email correspond?....I will explain why when/if you write me....I would love to support you and believe you could help me as well. I'm sorry your process has been so agonizing....your heart of love, for your daughter and others, is very obvious. God WILL be victorious - I will be praying for you. Thanks for considering contacting me.
Shannon - vkshannonc@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Wow, Greta, I forgot to come read here and somehow missed this update. Well the good is, that you have time to get that paperwork all ready by Oct 10 and will be praying you get a court date when they reopen.

Beckie

Aaron and Julie said...

I am so sorry there is yet another delay. Maybe the auditors will realize what craziness is going on there and expedite all adoption cases.

In love & prayer,
Julie