Saturday, April 12, 2008

What a Day!






Today was a GREAT day!  We had a fun-filled Saturday. It started with a Kickball Tournament at our church to raise money for the Romanian Mission Trip. It was a blast and my team won!!! My Mom watched the boys for us, so we could concentrate on the game. :)

We picked the boys up and went swimming at the YMCA. Shane is trying to "re-teach" Gage how to swim and he is scared. But, we know that he won't be scared too much longer. He is our wild child. Seth remembered everything from last year's swimming lessons. So, he was swimming under water from one point to another. One down, one to go..... LOL

Then we went home for naps and I spent some QUALITY time with God. I knew He would restore my sadness and turn it into praise, once I spent that time with Him. He is Faithful like that!

We took the boys out on the 4-wheeler. Don't get all panicked- you safety fanatics! We have a remote that completely controls the 4-wheeler, including a button that completely shuts off the entire thing. PLUS, you can set the speed to no more than 5 mph. Its actually pretty safe. Anyway, you have to let boys do boy things- so I am learning! :)
Mommy and Daddy had their turn on the ATV too. :)

We ended the day with haircuts, bath, and bed. WHEW- what a Saturday, huh?!?!?

It was a great day with my precious family (minus one family member, of course)!

please pray for us and our sweet daughter...... We do know that God's timing is perfect, but it sure is hard, I will not lie.


3 comments:

Thad and Ann said...

looks & sounds like a fun day! :) My boys are looking forward to summer time & the pool. They have a Gator(thank the Lord it doesn't go fast either, LOL) that they love to play with, boys just have to live on the wide side. ;) Keeps us Moms on our toes.

praying always for you, I hope & pray this is the week that you get news.
Ann

Aaron and Julie said...

It is so good to see you guys laughing & having fun :)

Anonymous said...

Praying for the Owens Five to enjoy a Saturday together very soon!

I love you, girl!