Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Hello ALL!

We are FINALLY here!!! We had a good flight....it seemed to go by faster than last time. No good movies, but that is okay.

We got to our apartment late at night and was so happy to find out that we have the same apartment as last time. So it sort of felt like home. :) We organized and put things away. Went to sleep at 2am and awoke at 7am....couldn't sleep anymore.

We took a walk around the city and ate at one of our favorite restaurants.....it really hasn't felt like its been almost a year since we were here last. Everything is familiar.

SURPRISE of the DAY--we came back to the apartment at 12:30pm and one of the translators called and said to be ready by 1:10, we were going to see SELAH!!!! It was originally thought that we weren't going to be able to see her until after court on Thursday, but they surprised us with this wonderful news!! I was screaming and jumping up and down.

We got there and I can't really describe the meeting, other than it was awesome. !!!!!
She is breathtakingly BEAUTIFUL. She actually took my breath away when they brought her in. I know, I know...I am such her MOM! She is still small for age- and those of you who know me, know how excited I am about that! She is precious. The Orphanage Doctor told her it was mama and to go to mama and she walked right over to me. I held her and she was scared. She cried a couple of times, but then calmed down. She doesn't like new things very much. Once she was more comfortable, I sat down and started showing her some books I brought. She REALLY likes those touch and feel books. She wasn't shy to touch them. AND CAN I JUST TELL YOU HOW SMART THIS LITTLE GIRL IS?!?!?! She was pointing to one of the dogs and I would say, "yeah that is a dog, ruff-ruff, Selah where are the other dogs?" and she would point to the other two dogs as if she understood what I was saying!! She did this on every page with the other animals too! We are gonna have SO much fun with her.

Ok, well, I couldn't wait to tell you all that we got to see her a day early!!!

Your time on Wed night at 12 midnight, we will be in court here at 10am on Thursday. We are 10 hours ahead of you all (except for my west coast friends).

Thank you for your love and prayers--- we sure feel them!!!

17 comments:

Heckert's Highway said...

Tears are just running down my face!! I am so incredibly happy that you got there safely and that you got to see Selah early. I am praying and will have all of my bible study girls pray today with me. I love you!! ~Jenn

Anonymous said...

Greta,
I am so happy that you arrived safely and that you have held your daughter again, at last. I got goose bumps reading your post and can clearly recall the first time she was in your arms. That was a special moment for me: to watch a family begin life together. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers tonight as I know first hand how court can be. If you think about it, at some time, please let the director and doctor know that their Indira is doing well at home with me and that she still has her cheecks that everyone loves to pinch.

Anonymous said...

I can't begin to tell you how EXCITED I am for you guys!!! WOW!!! I really wasn't even expecting you to have already posted a message (I know I should know better by now!), so to read your message-I'm still in shock. You better believe you will be prayed for tonight!!

Love you guys,
Olga

Gail said...

WOW.. I'm sooooo excited for you!! So glad you had a safe flight & that you got to see Selah a day early... that's AWESOME!! I am continuing to pray for you guys.. can't wait to hear from you again!! Can you send pictures through email??

Anonymous said...

Well I'm crying. I'm so happy to hear that Selah has been in your arms again! We are praying for smooth court date and smooth transition for Selah home with you all. Our God is indeed awesome.

Love, Beckie

Allyson said...

Oh Greta!!!! I'm so joyful for you! You know tonight we are looking at Esther. Reading your blog...for such a time as this! Selah was MADE to be your daughter. You were MADE to be her mama.

We are going to meet tonight to pray at Ive's for a while. I know the Lord is going before and with you. We will be praying and will cover your back!

Ok when you see her again, just softly poke her cute nose once for me. Is it still baby squishy nose? LOVE YOU! Will miss you at our meeting tonight :) Talk to you soon.

Teresa said...

chills are running down my body! Oh my gosh! Jenn just called me to tell me to read your blog! I cannot wait until I hear from you!!!!

Kim said...

Yep, crying here too! Wow Greta, I just can't imagine how seeing Selah again would feel. Saying that I am happy for you, seems like an understatement. I am jumping for joy!

I have emailed everyone I know and let them know to say a little prayer for you tonight before bed.

Kim

Sarah said...

We are so excited for you! We pray that there is a peace in that court room that can only be described as the presence of God and that the judge is taken by your love and dedication to Selah.

Anonymous said...

What a special girl you have! she has been chosen by God to be in your family. I have to believe that his hand is on her, knowing that she could have been adopted by anyone in the world. But HE chose you to adopt her and ultimately to give her Christ. Being an adoptive parent is so special. You feel a special connection with God in a way, knowing that he has adopted us. We are praying for you! Love, Shannon Kennedy (Jessica's friend from high school)

Aaron and Julie said...

What an awesome post - I was delighted & emotional reading about your reunion with Selah. Court is 9pm west cost time - I will be up & praying hard.

Eat at the china cafe for us.

Love- Julie & Aaron

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to know that you were able to see Selah today. I am praying for you guys right now. i love you all and KNOW GOD IS IN CONTROL. Love, Ive

Anonymous said...

Oh, to finally hold your baby in your arms!! I am so happy for you that you were able to see Selah early. We've all said a prayer for your family this evening that court will go smoothly. Please post again soon, I can't wait to hear about everything!
Love, Carolyn

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOUUUUU!!!!! And I cannot wait til you guys bring home my baby girl! I'm sooo excited right now. I can't believe you got to see her already! It'll be about time for you to meet with the judge soon so I'm prayin for you guys. Miss you already and can't wait for you to come home with SELAH!
-Loo
P.S. Make sure you let her know that her name is forever branded on my body already... so I should be the favorite aunt by default. It's just the rules. Love youuu.

Carrie, Rich and the Kids said...

I found your blog through Kim. I am so excited and happy for you!

We are in process to adopt a baby boy from Kazakhstan. We are waiting to be submitted to the Consulate, with all the changes.

Good luck in court and I am glad you got to see Selah. I know what that is like, we adopted from Guatemala in 2006.

Thinking of you and sending you prayers.

Anonymous said...

Prayers are comming your way, we love you and now Gods will will be done, bring that sweet girl home soon, Love, Ive, Charity, Allyson, Margie and Lauren.

The Gobble's (Lanetta) said...

crying here too... wow! so excited she's back in your arms.. I also feel God led me to your blog NOW... it's 35 minutes from court time for you... so I know that prayers are what you need... I am going to prayer..
post asap... but, we all already know.. God has called you to this baby and HE WILL DO IT!!!
going to prayer for you....