Update- Our appeal is already at the Supreme Court and they have 2-4 months to give us a court hearing. Of course, we do not know if that will bring us good or bad news. But, we got a step farther. In my heart, I feel like Selah is coming home.
We are all in the appeal process to take our cases to the Kaz Supreme Court. The Supreme Court is the last chance of bringing our children home. 2 of the families had their supreme court hearings today and were denied. DENIED. I can't even believe this. That is it. Just like that. Their children whom they love with ALL their hearts, will not come home now. I am grieving for these families. Please pray for them right now. Please.
Of course, this has made Shane and I very scared. The Embassy told me that whatever happens with those families cases, will most likely happen in our case as well. However, our hearing hasn't even been scheduled yet and may not for several months. We have no idea if our daughter will come home or not.
Please be in prayer for the 2 families that just got a BIG knife stuck in their heart.



19 comments:
Greta, Shane and your friends,
I am so sorry. I got tears in my eyes when I read this. I cannot even imagine the devastation that you all feel in your hearts. Hope replaced with hurt. God will carry your friends through this, we are still praying for you. I check in frequently and hope and pray that things will go better for you and the others left.
I love you!
I'm sorry to hear about that, I'm so sad for the families and the kids. Don't get discouraged, anything can happen at this point. We'll keep praying for you, God is in control and his Will will be done. Hang in there! If you need me just call
Love you
My Dear Sister,
As we shared last night our hope is not in the court systems, but in our Savior who knows all things and will never leave or forsake us. I love you and my heart is greiving for those families,but my trust is with our God. Don't doubt, remember that is our advasarys desire,"to cast doubt in our God", just say no!
Your Sister in Christ,
Aw Greta, I'm so, so sorry for this horrible news. I will definitely be praying for the other families, and yours as well! Please don't give up hope. We will all continue to lift this up to our Father.
Love you!
Denice
Greta - reading this news, listening to the song playing on your blog - the words ring so true. We don't understand, we probably wouldn't choose this way if the choosing was ours to do, but we can trust that God will use the fire - the valley - to bring us closer to Hmself. Yes, indeed, I will pray for your friends and ask God to comfort their hearts.
And I will continue to pray that He will bring your Selah home to you.
Love you, friend,
Karen
I am so sorry to hear this Greta. I can't imagine the pain you are all going through and I will be praying for your friends and ofcourse I continue to pray for you and your family everyday!!
Love,
Lindsey Kaiser
Truly sad update :( I grieve for your friends. I cannot imagine going through that. I think you may have had this verse on your blog before, but here goes. "Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you up from the west. I will say to KAZ 'GIVE THEM UP!' and to KAZ 'DO NOT HOLD THEM BACK!' Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth--everyone who is called by my name, whom I created FOR MY GLORY, whom I formed and made." Is 43:5-7
While I don't pretend to understand why God will allow these children to remain in orphanages, I do know that He seeks to make a name for himself here on earth. He is all good; He can therefore do nothing for you, Shane, and the boys that is not wholey good. I will pray this specific verse for you guys as I pray it for my family too. Ironically it was my devotion this morning. I think it is fitting for us all.
I am so sorry to hear this news. It goes to show what a battle it is. I am praying for these families and this heart breaking news. I will pray that you cling to the truth as you wait out your date.
Sweet friend,
I am praying that God's inexplainable peace will guard you right now. And the other families. Know that you have touched and will continue to touch others' lives through every word of this journey. I pray that your faith will grow roots at this time and dig in deep. And cling to hope. We love you deeply.
Melissa
Greta - I'm sitting here praying and crying for you and for your friends. I'm thankful and so very humbled, because my son is here with me now... and feeling conviction for all the days that I take that for granted. And I'm truly sad for you and these other families and the pain you have had to endure. We will keep praying for a miracle and praying that God is glorified through all of this, even when we don't understand. It is comforting to me to know that God is not just sitting up in Heaven surprised by this decision that was made today. I don't get it, but I know He's in control and that He does a much better job of being in control than I could ever do. Please know that we are praying, and I still have friends that ask me weekly for updates about Selah. You have your own little army fightin' for you down here in Texas!! Love, Steph
This is incredible how hard this has been and definitely NOT news you or the other families wanted to hear. Praying.
I will pray for these families, what terrible news. Haven't stopped praying for you!!
Oh, my heart is just breaking for them. Greta and Shane, please know that we will continue to pray for your family and sweet Selah.
I'm speechless. The injustice is so obvious and atrocious! I'm praying for miracles for the families who must have no hope now and for you and your other friends who are still waiting. And of course for all those little children who are waiting for you all. Thank God He sees and knows and WILL have the ultimate victory in EVERY case. Thanks for keeping us posted and being so vulnerable to us....I will just keep praying and watching as you update.
Shan in Colorado
I am so terribly sorry for all the problems you have had in this process. My heart aches for you always. I don;t know if you remember me but I introduced you to Josie and Gary, I had been moved to Kyzlorda while they stayed in Almaty. I will be in the Villages for the next month with my daughter and would love to meet you, if you'd like. 352-753-1732 or hola2tu@gmail.com
I have seen your blog a few times over the last year. We are a Kaz family (our son is from Karakastek and came home June 2006)and I am so sorry for the heartbreak and pain you have experienced along the way. I truly do not understand what is going over there, so many little kiddies needing families..........
Please know we will add you and your daughter to our prayers over the next while and keep positive for a positive outcome for you.
I am so sorry to hear about these two families. My heart goes out to them and to you as you wait for a court date. Keep believing & praying. Only God knows the outcome & He is a mighty God that can move mountains & judges hearts. We love you guys!
Greta,
So sorry.. .my heart broke as I read those words... I can not even imagine what it feels like and how those familes feel tonight..
We are praying for them tonight... along with you...
Many blessings..
Post a Comment