Precious, tiny little one
You’ll always be to me
So perfect, pure and innocent—
Part of heaven’s family.
We dreamed of you and your life
And all that it would be.
We waited and longed for you to come
And join our family.
We never had the chance to play,
To laugh, to rock, to wiggle.
We long to hold you, touch you now
And listen to you giggle.
I’ll always be your mother,
He’ll always be your dad.
You will always be our child,
The child that we had.
But now you’re gone . . . but yet you’re here
We’ll sense you everywhere.
You are our sorrow and our joy,
There’s love in every tear.
Just know our love goes deep and strong,
We’ll forget you never—
The child we had but never had,
And yet will have forever.
--author unknown
Monday, September 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



17 comments:
I don't know ya'll but stumbled across your blog months ago. I have been praying for ya'll and was hoping that you would have good news posted on your site. Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.
Hugs, hugs, hugs. This poem brought tears for you, for Selah, for this journey you have all gone though. We love you guys!!
I am still praying for you & check your blog often, hoping for an update.
:( That has me a little sad. Hope you guys are hanging in there.
Oh my friend, my heart is so sad for you. I was just thinking and praying for you guys this morning and remembering this time last year. I pray that God is close and that He whispers to your heart every time you wonder. I love you~Jenn
Bless you Greta. I think of you often, praying for good news and knowing that God is in control. But it is still so hard. We love you and are keeping you in our prayers. Love and Hugs, The Hollands
Praying for you always... Dear Friend.... know that we pray for your baby Selah as well.. :-)
Love and prayers...
Lanetta
Heartbreaking. There really are no other words for us to say or means to console your feelings. If only we could...
So so sorry.
(We are very to close to another who just received the same verdict).
I have checked your blog on & off and just wanted you to know you are in my prayers. God's ways are not ours and His thoughts not ours but I'm glad you are in His hands.
I have been haunted by your family since I came across your blog last year. I am so sorry for your loss and all of the incredible heartache you have endured. I pray that someday God will reveal his plan for you and Selah. Until then, I pray that he will keep her safe and put those around her that will keep her safe and loved.
Please know your family will continue to be covered in prayer. We humans have no solace for you, but God will give you His peace in this. Love you, Greta #1
I cannot imagine what you are going through, but I am praying for you and your family. I pray for God's peace to wash over you.
I have continued to check your blog on occasion and prayed that you would get to bring little Selah home...
So sorry for your heartbreak and will continue to keep you in our prayers...
Kind thoughts
Adrienne
So very sorry for your loss! Our hearts are sad for you all!
It just aches to read this poem and know that precious little girl is stuck in the system and not home in your arms and love.
Beckie
hi honey-for some reason i decided to check your blog. u haven't mentioned it in awhile & i really didn't think i'd find anything. well, i was wrong. it's a beautiful poem. it seems to express exactly how i am imagining u must feel. my heart aches for you, Shane, your boys, & Selah, but i am always encouraged by your unwavering (i know u've had your moments) love for God. He does not fit in our boxes & therefore we can not understand His plans, but we must go on in faith.
i love you guys--Olga
I don't know if you check this often any more, but I know what today is. One of the happiest for me has ultimately become one of heartbreak for you. I just want you to know I will never forget your family, especially little Selah. You were a family at that first moment and I will remember you as such. God bless you and your family.
Post a Comment