Thursday, March 5, 2009

3 down, one to go...

The 3rd family had their Kaz Supreme Court hearing this morning and they have been denied. 

Now, we are the only ones left.  We don't have a date yet.

We are preparing for the worst.


12 comments:

Kim said...

Do they have any estimate as to when your date might be? How long did it take the others to get a date?

I am sorry. My prayers are with you all.

Love you!

greta said...

It took the others 1-2 months from the time their appeal paperwork was submitted. They told me it would/could take 2-4 months. Our wait started Feb 19th.....so we haven't even waited a month yet. We will see.

Anonymous said...

I am praying for a miracle for all of you. Don't forget that God is so much bigger than any Supreme Court.
He is the God of miracles. & He will receive all the praise & glory.

Gail Estes

juliebean said...

I enjoyed meeting you the other night. I am praying for you guys and for Selah.

Heckert's Highway said...

Oh Greta, I'm so sad to hear this. Just know that we are continuing to pray for your family and that these judges will not be able to say no. I love you and will hope for you.
Love,
Jenn

Trusting Thompson said...

Oh Greta! I'm so sorry. Don't give up hope yet though! I understand you're "pull" to prepare for the worst. Natural defense mechanism! I'll say a special prayer for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Not that it matters a whole lot, but I wanted you guys to see that we posted about you, are thinking about you, and are praying for you. You can see the post here: http://aaronandcharity.wordpress.com/2009/02/19/except-by-grace/

We are friends of the Hamiltons, and we are actually in country doing our bonding right now. We can sort of feel the pain of preparing for the worst and struggling through the system. I can't imagine your situation, your mental state, your heart, and I wouldn't pretend to.

God's huge. I don't know why he has done some things he has to us or why he is doing this to you. I do know that he's huge, though. You don't ned us to tell you that, I am sure. Just know that our hearts are incredibly full for you and that we are praying for you right now, possibly a little more specifically because we're seeing some of it.

Aaron C

Anonymous said...

Prepare for the Lord.
(not for the worst!)
Our God is a MIGHT GOD...
HE IS SO VERY BIG!

the song that comes to mind is the children's song. My God is SO big so strong and so might there's nothing at all he cannot do...
dominique

Anonymous said...

Sorry I'm so bad about checking blogs anymore and missed this. Oh Greta. This is just awful for these three families. Preparing for worse is probably good, but praying for a miracle. Do not understand the reason behind all this, but I do know God has not left you in this. Praying.
Beckie

Karen Hossink said...

Oh, Greta.
I agree, it doesn't look good.
But I've been sitting here listening to the song you have playing - it's playing for the second time now - and I am reminded that God is with you, that He will give you strength when you are weary, that we can trust Him even when it doesn't make sense. He is working something out. And I trust it is good.
I won't stop praying that He'll bring your Selah home to you. That's my will. But I'm also asking Him to help us trust His will. Whatever it is.

Love you, friend,
Karen

Lisa in CO, USA said...

Dear Greta,
I am so sorry for what you have been going through. We are in the process of adopting a girl from kaz and are almost finished getting our dossier together. This must be so difficult for you, but I was wondering if you might let me email you about what region you are in and why you think that the other 3 families got denied. My email is Lcushnie@juno.com. That said I will pray for the best outcome to your case.
Lisa

LisaShaw said...

I'm very sorry for those families who were denied and I pray that God's peace is walking with them as they move forward.

I am praying for you and your husband as you stand by faith on the LORD.

Blessings and peace!