Friday, March 6, 2009

my prayer

One of my BEST friends sent me this and I really can't express how much I need to read this EVERY MINUTE of the day! I hope it will touch you right where YOU are at today in your struggles as well.

If we are willing to admit our lack of confidence in Him, Christ is more than willing to help us overcome our unbelief. Unlike people, Christ is never intimidated by the depth of our need and the demonstration of our weakness. Faith is not believing in my own unshakable belief. It is believing in an unshakable God when everything in me trembles and quakes. The only thing we absolutely could not survive would be the loss of God's love and that is a loss we'll never have to try. (Beth Moore, Praying God's Word)

Mark 9:24 "immediately the boys father exclaimed, 'I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!'"

2 comments:

Jo said...

Thinking of you during your painful waiting period. I had bonded with a beautiful girl in Kaz and when I returned for court and custody the bio mother came back into the picture. It's a hard process and I am still trying to make sense of it all being home for 5 months now. It's such a tough journey all together!

LisaShaw said...

This is powerfuly true. Our faith thankffully is not based on our own belief or abilities but on an All Powerful, All Mighty GOD who is NOT capable of failure! Therefore, as we place our faith and trust in Him, he takes care of the rest. I pray this beautiful prayer from one of your best friends carries you through the times you are in.

As you wait and as you pray rejoice in knowing GOD has it all under control. I read the post below and I see the battle you are in. I will pray for you and your husband.

God bless you.