In the meantime, we have been fighting....can't be specific here. We have NO IDEA at this point if she will EVER be our daughter officially. She will always be our daughter in our minds and in our hearts. If we have to release her, then it will be like a death. We already feel that way. This is hard and heartbreaking. I am not looking forward to coming home and seeing her room all made up. I will be packing up her room and putting everything in the closet. It is too hard to walk by it everyday....constant reminder. :(
We have been hanging out with another american couple (gary and josie) that we have enjoyed SO much. They have become our family while here. They remind us of our friends from home. We are so blessed to have their company. They are coming over tonight for dinner (Fri night).We are making chicken (we think its chicken!), yellow rice I brought from home, peas, and bread. They had us over a couple of nights ago and she cooked us a gourmet meal in KAZ! I couldn't believe she found half the stuff at the grocery store here! They are adopting from the city, not the area with all the mess, and they are adopting a little boy. They have had a wonderful, smooth process. We are happy for them.
We don't know yet when we are coming home. But, I will let you all know here on the blog when we do know.
Have I mentioned how much we miss our boys?!?!? We want to take a family vacation somewhere...just the 4 of us. We don't care about the money anymore....we are tired of not doing anything b/c of "making sure we have enough money for the adoption". We are done putting our life "on hold".



10 comments:
hey gang! love you and will continue praying for you.
I just wanted to let you know that we are thinking about you and praying for you.
Greta, I know it looks like a death, but I am still praying for a resurrection! Keep doing what you can to take away the stone, and remember Jesus' words, "Did I not tell you that if you believed, you would see the glory of God?" (John 11:40)
Father, please show us your power and authority over this adoption! What looks like death to us is not too difficult for You to resurrect, Lord, and that's what I'm asking for from You.
Please show us a resurrection!
Father, please cause unrest and turmoil in the heart of this judge until he grants a positive verdict for Selah to be adopted by Shane and Greta. Though the judge may not fear You, or care for the Owens', yet because of their persistence let him grant them this adoption.
Show us Your glory and Your power!
I'm asking this in the Mighty Name of Jesus. Amen and amen!!!
Praying and believing for you!
Love,
Karen
Thanks for the update. We are still praying everyday. I will write more when I have a few seconds.
((hugs))
Thanks for keeping us up to date on the blog!! You guys are in my prayers every day!! Can't wait to see you again... we had so much fun the 4th of July weekend!! Love ya, Gail
I have been checking like 10 times a day for updates soooo thank you sister!!! I love you so much and I miss you guys and I can't wait to see you. Tell Shane that I got tickets to the Heat game tonight and that he should be majorly jealous. LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!
Loo
Still praying.
oh my greta and shane, my heart is aching for the pain you both must be feeling. I love you and can't wait to give you a mom hug you sooooo need. It's NOT over yet, hang in there. We are all praying for you both. love, mom
My heart hurts so much for you...and I've got no words, but the assurance that you are in our love and prayers. That pig head is gross! EWWWW! Glad you have friends there while you are going through this painful time.
Love, Beckie
I am really praying for the .0000001 % God is good and he can make it happen!We love you!
Post a Comment