Friday, December 26, 2008

Adoption Update & Answered Prayers

We got the news today.... and our first appeal was a big, fat NEGATIVE. :(

We were expecting this, so we have prepared ourselves for this news.

The next step is our last chance at bringing Selah home. And that is the Supreme Court in Kaz. It will take some time to get an appeal date with the Supreme Court. So, we won't have any court updates for awhile. (however, i update this blog frequently- so check back!)

Thank you for your prayers. You may not think your (or our) prayers are working, but they are working in ways you can't see. 
Here are some way your prayers are working:
  • the unexplainable peace we have,
  • the more intimate relationship we are having with Christ, 
  • our marriage is stronger instead of struggling during this hard year, 
  • we have a better perspective with Seth and Gage and just how much children are a blessing and not a burden
  • We understand now what it means to "trust God" 
  • We know what FAITH looks like now
  • And scripture has become ALIVE to us now.
We are off to North Carolina to be with family and to "maybe" ski a little with the boys. We are looking forward to some relaxin' time.

We love you!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greta and Shane,

We are sorry to hear another negative verdict! But, God is so good and you are so wise (in so many ways) to be aware of his many blessings in the midst of such heartache. We pray for safe travel and that you are able to ski. Say hi to Keith and Cheryl and all the family for us. We love you guys!!!

Teresa said...

You guys are amazing, I am so grateful that He has worked so many ways in your lives. You are in my thoughts and in my prayers daily. Each time I look at Sophia, I think of the struggles that you and each one of your family are going through.
Enjoy your time away, be careful on those slopes! ;-)

Love you,
Teresa

Anonymous said...

Oh Greta, I'm sorry you got the news you expected and that you still have more to go through to bring Selah home, but your testimony of God's power in your lives during this is incredible. Thanks for being such an inspiration.

Love, Beckie

Karen Hossink said...

Dear Greta,

Well, not the answer for which I was hoping. But I'm still believing.
And I am so glad for the eyes you have to see what God is doing in the midst of the wait.

Love you friend,
Karen

crispy said...

I am so proud of you and your wonderful response. You have done a great job of clinging to the truth and allowing God to comfort during this time.

We love you guys so much and are still praying.

Heckert's Highway said...

Oh Girl, I wish I were going with you to Asheville. I would love to see my family there!!! Have lots of fun and know that we will continue to pray for your family. Lots of love,
Jenn

Anonymous said...

Greta-

I don't know why you are having such a difficult road to get Selah but I pray for you and your family everyday! Never loose hope...your strength is such a inspiration to me and my family. Kids are a wonderful blessing and I believe in my heart one day SOON you will be a family of 5! Safe Travels!

Love~
Summer

The Gobble's (Lanetta) said...

we are still praying.... hope your Christmas was awesome!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Greta,
I'm reading your blog to get an update on your precious family. I'm sorry things have not worked out yet for you and Selah, but I am so encouraged by your response to the news. You are an amazing young lady and great mom and I pray that 2009 will be an incredible year for you. God bless you,
Mary Hanes

Anonymous said...

My love and prayers are with you!
The same thing is happening to me. I just came back from Kazakhstan, after spending 5 weeks with a child, than I went home and wait for a court date, yesterday I received the news that my adoption was rejected! The appeal date end tomorrow, I don't have an attorney, my agency is not helping, could you please give me your attorney info?

Thank you

Flavia hiatt
flaviahiatt@hotmail.com
626-507-8098
562-889-5699 cell

greta said...

Flavia,
I am emailing you right now......
Love,
greta