Well, we just got back from ourLAST visit with Selah.....it was hard to say good-bye. However, we love the staff at this BH. They take good and loving care of the children and that has been a blessing to watch. We know she is in good hands until we come again. God has given us a comforting peace. We are just going to miss her SO much. She is such a little character. :) We brought flowers in to the Director as a "thank you for caring for these children so well" gift. The real gifts for everyone come on the next trip, but I had to give her something for all the work she does.
We left the plastic Photo Album with Selah to keep in her crib. You know the one that says "Who Loves Baby?" and you insert the pics in it? She has been looking through it since we got here. The cute part is that her favorite two pictures are the ones of Seth and Gage. She slaps the page and smiles and then brings it up to her face like she is kissing it. SO sweet! That is big for her since she is quite serious and shy.
The earliest flight out we could get is this Tuesday, so we are going to have to keep busy until then. We still want to visit the Green Market and we are going to try to do that tomorrow (Saturday).
I have had some kind of small stomach bug OR I ate something bad. I don't know. Immodium seems to help it, so I will keep that up. :)
Tonight, we are going to friends house to watch a movie together (in ENGLISH!)....that is really exciting since ALL of our TV channels are in Russian! LOL
We talked to the boys last night again and it is such joy to our ears to hear their voices! I think they are giving Grandma and Grandpa Owens more gray hairs though!!!! Seth keeps telling us everytime we talk to him that he has a surprise for us....he can sure keep a secret, because I tried getting out of him what it was and he said, "Mommy, its a suprrise I can't tell you silly goose!" Too funny! When Grandpa Keith asked Gage if he wanted to talk to Mommy, Gage said.."I want talk to Daddy"....I was like oh thanks! :) LOL
We know Selah is going to LOVE her brothers and her brothers are going to LOVE her! We just can't wait for the day to bring her HOME....
Thank you ALL for your constant support throughout this adventure. You will truly never know how it has encouraged us to know so many of you love us so much! We only hope to be that to you all.
Spasiba! (Russian for thank you).
Love,
greta and shane
Friday, December 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Sorry for the stomach bug and sorry that it has come to say goodbye to Selah for now. I know that it is hard, but glad you are experiencing peace. Glad you will be home for Christmas with the boys and hope you then will receive news quickly to return to court and bring Selah home forever.
Blessings, Beckie
Sounds like God has been evident in all aspects of your trip. I am so glad that He has blessed you and this little girl and I pray the time goes quickly until she can come home.
Cris
Girl, have a wonderful trip home!!! I can't wait for you to have your sweet Selah home with you! Get better quickly and tell Jackie and Clint hello for me:0) I can't wait for you to get home and share more details with me. Love to you, Jenn
Hey guys.. Sorry you have to leave Selah for awhile, but so glad that you will be able to spend Christmas with Seth & Gage! Hope you will soon be able to return to bring Selah home so you can be ONE BIG HAPPY FAMILY! Please send more pictures of Selah when you get home.. .I know it was hard to do much with pictures over there with the slow speed, etc. Have a safe trip home & hope to see you soon! Love ya bunches, Gail
Post a Comment